Exmark or Sgag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kbliss, May 4, 2003.

1. kbliss

kbliss LawnSite Member

I currently run walkers and I am looking to buy something else like an exmark laserZhp or a Sgag tiger cub.Something in the 48" range and would like some advice. I don`t weedeat any flower beds or walks I trim them with my walker and was wondering if this can be done with an Exmark or Sgag.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, it can be done, as there is deck overhang on both mowers. Trimming is ALWAYS the best policy for manicuring, though. As far as the "Exmark vs. Scag" thing, take about a day out, and do the search feature on here, and you will have PLENTY of reading....

3. kbliss

kbliss LawnSite Member

With the grass here in Fl. (floritam) You don`t have to weedeat to manicure it. I`ve been doing it this way for fifteen years and want to continue doing so just because it is a time saver especially because I work by myself.

Thanks for the reply.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

It's "Scag" not "Sgag".

5. kbliss

kbliss LawnSite Member

Runner,

Also as I see things on this site I would have to say it is a pro Exmark site. I believe I will go this route because the dealer is only about three miles from my house. I have looked at both and I came to the conclusion that they are very similar.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Kbliss,
    I know what you're saying now about the grass down there of that type. It stands up much firmer than the cultivars we have up here. THAT sure would be nice! Granted, at times, we can keep bed edges shaped up, and avoid some trimming, but for the most part, there is ALWAYS SOMEthing that stands up aroung them at some certain point, or another... Good luck with it!

7. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I've never owed any of these machines even though I own a Scag hydro w/b. Anyway, from what you'll see, they are both excellent machines and should only be decided upon you demoing each one to see which one you like best.

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

So, why you posting.:rolleyes:

9. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

kbliss,
    Why you thinking of getting rid of the Walker's?? I have an Exmark TurfRanger and love it, but would consider replacing it w/ a Walker later. Just wondering what/if any problems you are having w/ them? I understand you comments about the types of grass down there, but here, the Turf Type Tall Fescue must be edged to look upright and clean around the edges. The Exmark deck would do fine for doing the St. Augustine, etc. :D :D :D

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Walkers n Exmarks Lazers is what we run .... It's a Win Win Deal