Exmark or Toro fixed deck's with 15 hp kawasaki POLL!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Jan 11, 2006.

?

Which lawn mower is better

Poll closed Jan 16, 2006.
  1. Toro Fixed deck T Bar 15 hp kawasaki

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Exmark Fixed deck ECS 15 hp kawasaki

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. ......

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ....

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I need some feedback

Im purchasing a 36" and a 48" walk behind mower's in a week Both with 15 hp kawasaki's

Prices are 36" 48" exmark, 2500 and 2700

Toro 36" and 48" toro 2700 and 2950.

Any information on the mulching kits?? I will be running mulching kits too. Also what 2 wheeled velke is a good one?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What model eXmark is that? my metro 48" with 15hp kawi was 2900, so i would assume thats the model you are getting as well. My 15hp kawi has been great so far, would have got a 17 if they had offered it but the 15 has been great. I love my Velke X2 made by wright manufacturing. My mulching kit for mine has been allright. Seems to take a bit of time to put it on and take it off but im pretty happy with it. Good luck, ide go with the eXmarks IMO

3. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

yes exmark metro or toro proline.

I know how to fix the toro's already, they are ****** proof to drive. If you let go they stop and go to neutral, the exmark will keep going. Loose a hand it will keep going.

Mulching kits. how do they do on weekly cutting, does it look good and biggest of all, does it keep the gras out of the flower beds??

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

A little off topic here, I think MTDman or someone here on LS had a 2 wheel velke on ebay, almost new only used 2 times I think. Ive only had exp with a 1 wheel velke but Im pleased with it

here is the link, I didnt check to see if it was sold yet or not
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=128902

5. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking at the TTHP right now(2) they are over 5grand. What's the difference between the 48metro and the 48TTHP? 2900 for metro and 5000+ for TTHP.

Thanks

kc

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im not familar with exmarks but I would quess the 2900 is a belt drive and the mower that is 5k plus is a hydro drive

7. mcwlandscaping

k Carothers, the differance is higher hp, floating deck and hydro drive on the TTHP while the metro is fixed deck and gear drive.

CCE: I think the mulch kit works great for weekly cutting and deffinatly keeps the grass out of the flower beds. You may however want to look into some gators or something over the stock mulch blades that come with it.

8. mcwlandscaping

OH, and the ECS on my mower is great, if you let go, the mower does keep going till the engine fully stops but as soon as you let go, it kills the engine.

9. K.Carothers

I just looked it up on their website. Should of went first but thanks for the answer. I would never go back to a belt drive after experience the Hydro.

kc

10. K.Carothers

Please clearify how that works again.

Thanks