EXMARK or TORO??? - I'm going to buy one or the other!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Toastpuppy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Toastpuppy

Toastpuppy LawnSite Member

Ok, here it goes....

I am going to buy either the 52" Exmark or the 52" Toro.
    They both have the same motor, and all that crap. The Toro is about $500 more, but has a few more bells and whistles....
    Is the Toro going to be a better buy? I am kinda sold on the exmark, but just wanted to get some opinions. I see everyone riding Exmarks', not Toro's...

This will be my first new commercial buy...I'm pretty nervous...trying to make sure I don't look over anything. I have about 30accounts and work for the Fire Dept. full time and just mow on my days off...so the mower wont be used every single day,but will be used quite a bit still...but I can't expand my business until i get something bigger than the 36" Bunton walk-behind im using now.

Questions...how dependible are they? Warranty? Little things that might go wrong??

THANK YOU!!!!
  2. Deputy25

Deputy25 LawnSite Member

I own 3 Exmark mowers and they have been great. No real major problems. I have used both but I like the operating controls on the Exmark better. Go with the Exmark you won't be disappointed.
  3. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

They are going to run about the same, because Toro bought Exmark a couple of years ago so you can bet almost all of the parts are the same. How ever the ECS controls are only offered on the Exmark.
  4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Both are Great mowers i'd get the Exmark and use the $500 on something else,like a nice powerful blower if you dont have one already ?
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

dont know about your area, but make sure you have a Great dealer,
    and he's not too far away.

Also, I have noticed Toro Blades are VERY expensive, "they are at the TORO dealer where I'm at"
  6. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

I would have gone with Toro but the Exmark dealer here has better service in the end and that swayed my decision. Either mower should do you right as I see allot of them mowing over here and the cut on St Augustine looked good with both. It just boils down to your dealer and service I think.
  7. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Exmark. They don't sell 2 to 1 over the next leading brand for nothing. :weightlifter: Exmark had Toro worried, so "if you can't beat'em buy'em"