eXmark or Toro Lazer Z's????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow N GO 06, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Mow N GO 06

Mow N GO 06 LawnSite Member

Ok, here the the big debate in our area that has Landscape Pros in a battle. I am in the market for a true Commercial Z and the choice is down to eXmark and Toro. Looking at 60" Z with 27HP Kohler. The eXmark is roughly $900.00 more than the Toro. Is it worth the difference?

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

yes toro and eXmark are the same company but eXmak is a little better built bolth are good but eXmark is best.

3. samk

samk LawnSite Member

Go with the Toro with the Turbo force deck. Though the exmark is still a nice machine if you go that route.

4. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Toro acquired an already successful Exmark company for a reason. Guess what it was...Exmark is to Toro as Lexus is to Toyota....

5. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

Other than the deck design they ARE THE SAME MACHINE! Same hydros, same motors, same wheels, other than a few cosmetics everything is the same. IMHO here is the difference. Toro's deck is capable of cutting in wet conditions without leaving massive clumps of grass; although the cut quality is not quite as impressive. Exmark's deck leaves more definite lines and in ideal conditions is a better choice, but how often do we have ideal cutting conditions? I've used both on a daily basis and chose the Toro over the exmark, but in reality you really can't go wrong with either machine.

6. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

go to the exmark dealer and tell them the price quoted from Toro, ask if they can match it.

7. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I got an exmark and I love it. You can't beat the Ultracut or Triton decks.

8. lawn masters 2006

lawn masters 2006 LawnSite Member

exmark an toros are made at the same company..an same line they roll off of...just a cpl differant things on them are diffarent

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Have you owned a new toro and a new exmark? :dizzy: :hammerhead:

You can't go wrong with either machines. They are both great.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The decks are obvious.

But I heard that all Toro models were using thicker steel in the tube frames?

Just like the eXmark XS uses thicker steel than the standard Lazers.

If this is true, then there IS a difference if your comparing a standard Lazer Z to a Toro Z.