eXmark or Toro suspension seat worth having?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric D, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

I’ve been thinking of adding a suspension seat to my Z master. Are they worth having? Does it really help with the ride or a waste of money?:confused:

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It helps tremendously. I would never go without it.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

A must have...........

4. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

It makes a world of difference. Only thing is the new seat will sit a bit higher than the standard seat due to the suspension. Some don't realize that until they install it.

I bought mine for around $240 shipping included from Russo Power equipment.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

best bang for the buck. your back will thank you....

plus the seat uses closed cell foam so its a bit firmer and not as squishy as the stock foam...and has a higher back so you can lean back in comfort....

6. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I just wish I got one earlier, best $210 I ever spent!!!

7. F Haney

F Haney LawnSite Member

I will make sure all my future mowers have them......save your back.

8. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your input on the suspension seat. I have added this to my want list. My old back could use it for sure.

Has any one added one of the uints that just bolts to the underside of the current seat?

One more question, are most of you using the seat made by Jackson Seat Company? I think it is model number V-5300.

Thanks again!

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh yeah, that thing absorbs shocks like nobody's business, a few still get through but wow what a difference you will say.

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I think the seat the Exmark uses is real similar to this one...

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200268374_200268374

You can buy just the suspension components, but the stock seat is still pretty weak. It would be like putting high performance tires on a yugo...

Just remember if you have a rops and wear the seatbelt, if you get bouncing on the seat, the belts will bruise you...since the belts are attached to the mower frame not the suspended seat....at least they used to be....