Exmark Or Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Dec 9, 2007.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

I need to buy a new ztr and was wondering which would be a beter in tall fescue ? I am looking at the exmark lazer z 60 Inch or the toro z500 series
  2. davisyardnlawn

davisyardnlawn LawnSite Member

I bought two new exmark turf tracers this year and was extremely dissatisfied with them. I bought them cause I had two other units that were several years old and great units. On my 48" @ 8 hrs deck belt chewed up...@ 13 hours the $60 replacement did the same thing, @ 20 hrs the parking brake assembly fell off completely, @ 35 hours or so one of the drive wheel assemblies came off....it got to be that my crew leader would point at the 48" (and sometimes the new 36" just not as often) and say, "Look" to see if I could figure out what came off that day!

I bought this from one of the largest Exmark dealers in St. Louis County....they weren't much help. "Well, this is what the warranty is for." was there position. Even contacting exmark didn't help. I felt like they gave me a nice pat on the head and told to go on now.

I have 5 exmarks. It will be a long time, perhaps never, before I buy another. Their customer service, in my opinion, was horrible. I bought two top of the line Exmarks and received two Yugos made on stoner day at the plant!
  3. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

I would look at what everyone else in your area prefers. Toro and Exmark are the exact same mower with different decks. The Exmark Triton deck hasnt gotten many good reviews so you may want to go with the Toro.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark is the way I would go....but demo demo demo before you purchase ...try them all ..pick your top 3 ..then re demo
  5. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

I'm not sure about tall fescue, but Toro is one of the greatest balanced machines out right now. I demoed Exmark, Dixie, Hustler, Deer, Ferris, and Toro. All larger ZTR's (52-up) on St. Augustine and Bahia down here a month ago. I went with the Toro 560 w?30hp Kohler. The quality of cut is excellent with the Turbo Force deck. I mulch everything, but clipping dispersement was pretty good when during the demo. Demo everything you can get a chance to ride. Dealer support is important. But the quality of machine was my first priority. Support is something I don't want to have to use because my machine keeps breaking down.