exmark or toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wiseguyslawn, Mar 4, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i know these machines are almost the same but does anyone have a preference.

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I am all for Toro. Before buying my last Z-turn, I compared the 2, and found that Toro was still better. From what I understand, the frames are about the same, the engines are the same, I don't remember about the hydro systems, but the decks are different. Toro deck is deeper. I have used Toros for my trim mowers, wb, and z-turns. I also liked my Toro dealer better the the Exmark dealer. There is something to be said for great service.

3. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

Well I made the exact same comparison and went the other way. I was using Toro and tried out the Exmark, after a couple days of side by side mowing I liked the cut of the Exmark better than the Toro, the ride of the Exmark was better as well. To help the decision the Exmark dealer gave me a whole lot better deal than the Toro dealer would even try to give me, which is why I have bought three more Exmarks since then.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know what models you are comparing. Last week at a trade show, I saw a Toro 36" w/b with T2 steering, and an Exmark TTHP 36". They are very different design. This includes the deck, frame, hydro, steering.

I think some models may be close, but a blanket statement cannot be made.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I don't own either one, however, I've heard more people talk positively about Toro than I have about Exmark !!

6. RacersLawnCare

RacersLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Viking Exmark my friend has a Toro 48" i have used his a couple of times, they are basically the same, but for some reason my does not break down like his, i understand i may take better care maintenance and all that but i just like the Exmark line better JUST my .02$

7. wiseguyslawn

from Ohio

mostly looking at the zero turns, have a toro t-bar 36'' wb and exmark lazer ct 52" briggs right now. lot less problems with my toro but it does not get near the use.

8. SouthernCutter

SouthernCutter LawnSite Member

i prefer exmark, but i have never used a toro WB, only a toro 21 push mower.

9. Roaregg

Roaregg LawnSite Member
    from MD

I like exmark more than toro. Maybe its just me, but i think they cut better

10. wiseguyslawn

from Ohio

what i take from past experience and the thread is exmark leaves a bit better cut along with a little cheaper price. However it seems the toros are less to have problems