1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark owners where are you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barnard, Jul 23, 2003.

1. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure you have all read Keith saga with his Exmark fuel injection problems. Why don't you all who hold exmark in such high regard contact exmark by phone e-mail or through the exmark forum and suggest they step behind their product don't pass the buck and get Keiths machine repaired or replaced in a timely manner. Ray
  2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Why, because ultimately it's the engine manufacture thats responsible. No matter what mower you buy, they ; Exmark, Hustler, Scag, etc., do not build or design the engine that is in that particular machine. If the dealers mechanics cannot find the problem then the DEALER should get ahold of the engine manufacture and have them either rectify the problem by fixing it or replacing the engine with a new one.

As far as I know, engines come with a warranty too, Keith just needs to stay on the dealers butt and remind him that he could of bought that $9,000 piece of equipment somewhere else.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

what jsr said, exactly.
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

A thread about me :eek: Hey, alot of people would say I just haven't given the dealer enough chance to fix it. It's just that having a mower MIA during the heaviest growth of the year is tough, especially since the last time they had it was from the end of June til mid-July :eek: Not ready to do that again :dizzy:

You have three parties, Exmark, Kohler and the dealer that can only receive information from a fourth party...me. None have seen what this thing does when it starts running bad and the only people who know what I am talking about are other owners who have had the same problem. Heck, I can't even guarantee that if I could get a rep to look it that the problem would even show up. It might be having a good day. For instance, Monday, ran terrible. Yesterday, perfect. Today perfect for half an hour then terrible. I smelled the familiar half-burnt fuel then the hesitation. Maybe I need to go buy a camcorder to record it!
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Kick --- and take some names, if you don't they will continue on cause it aint money out of their pocket when its not running.
    Just don't think I have the kind of patients that you have shown them.I do wish you the best.
  6. Keith

I didn't five years ago :D This is a kinder, gentler Keith. I got thrown out of Sound Advice a number of years ago because I threatened to kick the chit out of a service manager cause of the way he talked to me :p But I don't do that anymore, no sense burning bridges...yet ;)
  7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

So Keith,
    You still haven't gotten it fixed? Is there still warranty on the engine?
  8. Keith

Yeah, it's only 4 months old.
  9. Problem is it's like a car that don't make that noise or do the thing when it's there to fix that.......

Also I am with Steve on this too.

Keith email me some details and I can talk to my buddies to help with this.