Exmark Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering if anyone has used the micro-mulching kit for the Lazer Z? It's been so dry lately and I'm tired of all the dust I'm kicking up. I thought maybe this would help out a little and be better for the grass too. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Buy their ANTI-Blowout baffle (search for it) There are a few posts on this $30 baffle. Prevents just about ALL frontal blowout. Hard to tell yet, but I think it actually improves the cut too! This grass is just being stubborn lately. DRY for 2 1/2 months, and now 2" of rain a couple weeks ago, and now still dry. It likes to really lay over and get skipped by the blades.

Try this baffle though. If you don't like it, Heck, its only $30! I've spent WAY more than that on other things, but this is a HUGE improvement and will help a lot with leaves. It just sucks them in the front.....No more plowing the leaves forward with all the blowout!

3. sunrise

sunrise Banned

we have the mulch kit and it throws dust like a wind storm.You look like a dirt cloud at the end of the day

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

How can I keep from frontal blowout on my Metro? I dont think there is an anti- blowout. When I try to mulch leaves I always have to chase a few down:(

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If your only worried about the dust, then the mulch kit isn't what you want. It helps make a dust cloud to drive into. But its a great investment if you want the bagged look. Mine has been on the lazer now for 2 seasons. It only comes off when the ultravac goes on for leaves.

6. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a good question, I have a 36 exmark viking, I think they all have front blowout. I bolted on a strip of canvas to the front of mine, it helps a little bit. I pray we get rain soon in Va., mulching dry and dusty leaves is no fun.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well at least you WB guys can simply lif the front of the deck and "SWALLOW" a pile in front of you! Us Lazer guys really cant do that.......Well, I can! When the ULTRA-VAC is on, I dont use the caster weights. A slight acceleration with a 1/2 full load will give nice controllable wheelies!!! Wheelie, and SWALLOW that pile!

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

TLS-I would have to see that. What happens with the Ultravac is almost full? Do have a wheelie bar to keep the monster from tipping over backwards?! :laugh: My Turf Tracer 36" has blowout pretty bad. My deck is covered in grass after one lawn. One good thing about having an open trailer...Keeps the mower looking clean between jobs. Add that to the list of advantages of open trailers!

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well, with the LC Kawi Lazer, it comes with added weight blocks up front to begin with, then the Ultra-Vac adds even more weight under your feet. With leaves, the wheelies are controlable. With heavy grass %, and hills, it becomes a little.....FUN!!!

The caster weights are a 30 second addition, so If I need them they are there!

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, we don't need no stinkin' weights! LOL.