1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Paint

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Tq23, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Tq23

Tq23 LawnSite Member

I was looking to repaint my exmark before the season begins, what kind of paint do I need?

2. XB 2002

XB 2002 LawnSite Member
    Male, from St.Amant, LA

Red One !!

XB 2002
  3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

hey I used to live in plainfield
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

If you're looking to completely repaint, I'd recommend getting an international red, that's as close as anything and we don't sell any bulk paint.

If you're looking to just touch up, we sell a 'shake can' which is p/n 1-850337 or a .6oz liquid bottle p/n 103-9140.

I hope this helps.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I got some Rustoleum from Lowe's that is probably the closest thing you'll get to the original Exmark red color !!
  6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I painted with a safety red rustoleum color, not even close (I had it laying around :) ) It turned out great though. So I scuffed it up a bit with 400 grit sandpaper and went over it with a can of Exmark red that I bought from me dealer. Something in the two paints did not like eachother. The Exmark paint did not harden and the finish of the paint cracked. Stripping it back down to retry.

I did see a Rustoleum red that look pretty close. I might just go that route since the finish turned out so good with the Rustoleum. I just don't want to go through stripping it back down again if the Exmark paint doesn't work out well.
  7. gunpowder

gunpowder LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I had a 2005 I sold last winter. I touched it up with a can of Toro red which the Exmark dealer said was the "correct paint". It wasn't.

I have noted that over the years the paint quality seems to have changed from year to year and the 2005 model really faded badly.

I am getting a 2008 so hopefully the paint is better now.
  8. Tower Rat 95B

Tower Rat 95B LawnSite Member

Thought I was the only one that knew about IH red. As a hobby I am in to old Farmall Cubs (International Harvester) and found that Valspar 5339-01 IH red rattle can paint is imop an exact match, you can get it a TSC Tractor Supply Company 4.40 per can.