Exmark Phaser

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bohiaa, Feb 15, 2008.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Hay Guys:

It looks Like I need a rider that will go through gates and is Not so heavy,
    Been looking at the Phazer, it seems to have waht I want But I'm getting quotes of $ 5,000.00 and some change.

5 for a 34" rider seems a little high to me,

any thoughts

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Go price a 36" HYDRO walk and see what type of price you get. I paid $5,086.94 with tax for my Phazer. I priced an eXmark TTHP 36" against the Phazer and they were the same price.

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask ole jameson about Phazers...you may find his review if you search on here

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

did a search and it looks postive...

I was more in lines with, is there a better option for a rider ?

or shall I say cheeper

thanks

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Just talked to my dealer about the Phazer. Last year they were selling for $3995. Now, the same mower is going for $4750. + tax. I asked him how they could justify an almost 20% price increase. He said his sales rep told him that Exmark and Gravely are the only 2 that build a 34Z now and if you want one you gotta pay. I think that's BS, but it is what it is.

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is not bad go price others.

7. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler mini fastrak is called a 36" but it is really a 34 1/4". I think it sells for $4k.

8. TOOLSHACK

TOOLSHACK LawnSite Member

I have no idea how a dealer could have sold an Exmark Phazer 34" for $3995 and ever made a dime.

That mower..and the Toro equivalent (Z334) should run around $4999 - $5199 depending on your geographical location. I would not believe the line about "if you want a 34", you're gonna PAY for it".. that is total BS.

DSIM is correct... The Hustler Mini Fastrak 36 runs about $4000. Although, the 19hp V-twin engine on the Toro / exmark is gonna be a better choice as a commercial cutter. As a residential owner, my advice would be to get the Hustler.

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I can't remember what the eXmark rep here at LS quoted me as MSRP on the Phazer, but my dealer was considerably less than what MSRP was. I think their price was $4,700 or $4,800, I'd have to hunt down my receipt to be 100% sure on price though.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, dual hydro WB's start at around $ 5,000 ... therefore, get the 34" Phzer and be happy with it !!