Exmark Phazer - Want To Install An Industrial/Commercial Type Air Cleaner

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by faststandard, Apr 11, 2007.

1. faststandard

faststandard LawnSite Member

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a new Exmark Phazer with the 44" deck and found this site while cruising the net for information/reviews for my new machine. You guys have a lot of great information here. My dealer (Bader Bros. - Birch Run, MI) is due to deliver my mower later this afternoon. I am interested in installing an industrial type (Donaldson?) air filter on the 19hp Kawasaki. My dealer seems to think that because the mower will be used for residential mowing only that the new filter would not be necessary and would be an unneeded expense. For peace of mind with regards to engine life I think it would be a wise addition.

That being said, who beside my dealer, should I contact for ordering such a filter? Does anyone have any part numbers that they can share? I saw the exact same engine in a Ferris ZTR and it had the air filter that I am interested in so I know that one exists. Will the carburetor require re-jetting once the new filter is installed?

Should I just stick with the stock air filter? I'll admit, I don't know that much about the Kawasaki or how well its current filtration system is. I take great care of my equipment and want it to last as long as possible.

Any thoughts or comments will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Marc

2. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Have your dealer contact Kawasaki, there is a kit available for that engine series. I had one installed on my Phazer. It comes with all the brackets and hardware, it also requires and comes with a replacement jet for the carb.
    Dealer charged me about $300.00 installed.

3. faststandard

Quality Cut PLS, do you happen to know the part number for the air filter kit?

4. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

This is the number that was on the dealer invoice & the instructions. Heavy Duty Air Cleaner Kit 99999-7040 for Models FH541V-AS35 & FH580V-AS26.
    I am not sure if it was ordered direct from Kawasaki or from the engine distributor. It works a lot better than the stock setup.

5. faststandard

Thanks for the reply. This is the exact information I was looking for and it sounds like a straight forward install. Time to track one down.