1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Phazer Worth the Money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by indyrs2, Nov 26, 2007.

1. indyrs2

indyrs2 LawnSite Member

How happy are people with their phazer. I know of the belt problem but are there more problems. I am seriously considering buying this mower. Is the cut good with the 44" trivantage deck.
  2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

indy, I have a 34" Phazer and I love it, I wouldn't trade it for anything. The Trivantage deck cuts great for me and I did have a problem with my PTO belt popping off twice, but I took my machine in and had the update kit installed under warranty. The 44" is no longer in production, but I would still buy one if I came across one and had the use for it. Parts I'm certain won't be a problem if the need arises and the 19HP Kawasaki has more than enough power. I hope this helps.
  3. adrianrog

adrianrog LawnSite Member

I thought the reason to get a phazer was to get a small enough deck to get through gates. That benefit would be lost on a 44" deck. 44" would fit through most any gate a 46" Lazer Z HP would fit through but you get a little heavier duty mower.
  4. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Phazer is not really a good choice for the money. If your looking for a small machine go with a stander with a floating deck (stander or sentar sport). Alot Faster and is a much heavier duty machine.
    If you want to get a bigger compact machine go with the lazer hp line. Ours has 915 hours on it we killed one starter under warranty:confused: don't know how that happened... And currently it is in the shop with a electrical problem.. not major $100
    for 900 hours its been extremely reliable and very productive. As for the ultra-vac the unit takes a beating I re-built it around 400 hours... And around 850 hours the housing is starting to wear through. the housings cost 265 and 159. A whole new unit is 550....
    I think they make it with a 44" and 50" deck. It sucks that they made it 50" because now the 4' gates my machine can squeeze through will not fit. But the 50" deck has 2" more trim and they upped the top speed on the machines which helps...
    Hope this info helps.
  5. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Worth every penny to me. The belt issue should no longer be a problem as Exmark issued an upgrade for it over a year ago that your dealer would install for free. Since I got the upgrade the belt has never come off.
  6. jbpo

jbpo LawnSite Member

if you have a lot of lawns with gated backyards then it is a great choice. i have the 34 inch model and am very happy with it. the belt issue has been resolved and i have not had any other problems with it. If you have to mow anything steep, then i would go with a stander instead.
  7. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

My Phazer is perfect for the types of lawns I've been doing. As others have said, the belt issue has been resolved. That was my biggest problem in the beginning. And it has not come off again since the kit install.
  8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What do you base this statement off of? As you can plainly see, I along with several others are very pleased with our Phazer's. Now, would I like to have a full size Lazer Z? yes in fact I would but it would not get through the gates that I have on the property's I service that's why I have an eXmark Phazer.