exmark price Good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarklover, Feb 8, 2004.

1. exmarklover

exmarklover LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Hi, I am new to the green but I was wondering if you guys thought 4,000 was a good price on an 48inch 300 hours exmark lazer z hp. It sounded pretty good to me but the guy wants 1,000 for the ultravac that is a little salty to me. Please give me some thoughts. Oh by the way the thing is so clean you could eat off it. But I would not suggest it:rolleyes:

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Hmmm haven't kept up with prices in awhile. What was his address again? phone #? (just kidding, but I would have to say I would give that for it, all things considered. But, I would have to smoke it over, personally. Other's may say that's way to much, but I would give it. (make it back in a month, few months no big deal)

3. exmarklover

from midwest

Thanks for the input! Any one else?

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad price on the mower at all. The ultra vacs are a great system and you won't find it any cheaper. Its not like they wear out quickly, so its worth the $1000.

5. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I just bought a new 2003 that a dealer had left for $6600.00. It is a 52"with a 23hp Kohler, and full warranty.

6. exmarklover

from midwest

Ok, here is a little update. I found out that it is an 2001 with an 18 horse koler. Is that enough power?

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its no powerhouse, but it is still a good mower combo. It will do what you want it to do.

8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

18HP? I'd pass on it.

9. exmarklover

from midwest

Is that 18 horse going to be enought power for hills and speed? And how long will the life of it last since it has 300 house on it now.

10. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

I don't think the 18 will be enough power. My uncle has on he
    uses to cut his home lawn(6 acres) and it always clogs. You should be looking at the 21hp kaw for that mower. Plenty of power on hills etc. etc. etc.