1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark problem guide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wowmowwow, Feb 10, 2007.

1. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

im just wondering if there is anything i need to know about my o6 triton as far as recalled parts. is there a site that i can go to? or do yall have the inside buzz?

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

there is no recall on the deck. The deck has performed flawless in many parts of the country. When it hasn't, many have posted here.

Exmark has service kit available which they will cover while it's under warranty if you are having issues with clumping and striping.

You tell some guys about the update and they are clueless because depending on what part of the country you are in, they havent had any issues.
  3. wowmowwow

so the service kit is free? and what is it?

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Basically they just take the curve out of the front baffle so the grass has a strait shot at the discharge opening. Its a little more complicated than that but basically true.
  5. shsmallengines

shsmallengines LawnSite Member

The service kit is free and there are two kits for this deck and baffle kit and a blade speed up kit.
  6. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

I called my dealer and they came out picked my Exmark up did the updates and are returning it free of charge.
  7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want more of this kind of info, you should post on the Exmark forum........ so they can answer you directly.
  8. wowmowwow

yah i talked to dealer and he said if didnt get a letter from Exmark then i dont need to worry

9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't be misled.

The Triton Updates are a fix as fail scenario.

Like I said earlier, many haven't had any problems or complaints. Depends on where and what you are cutting.

For the guys that have had problems, they should contact their dealer and make an appointment. You won't recieve a letter because it is not a RECALL.

A RECALL is when their is a safety hazard.

This is a SERVICE BULLETIN, which offers repair/upgrade options in the case that there is quality or poor performance issue.

This falls in that category.

I personally would have it done while it's under warranty still. Not sure if this is something they will cover 4 years down the road if you decide you have a problem.
  10. wowmowwow

ok so i want to be "loyal" to dealer bc i know the guy....kinda. is this worth taking to shop and have them test it.
    from my experiance, all of my exmarks clog up.