Exmark Problem! Please Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nate121080, Apr 15, 2006.

1. nate121080

nate121080 LawnSite Member
    from va

Ok I have an 05 Exmark Hp 52" with a 20 hp kohler. It has 8.4 hours on it. Mowed my yard with it yesterday done fine. Went to start it today to pull it out and clean it and it want turnover. It clicks and you can tell its trying to turn but it want. Its like its froze. Any suggestions? I bought it about 90 miles up the road so that want do me no good right now and I need it Monday for sure.

Thanks Nate

2. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

check the obvious first. are the battery cables tight? no corrosion? maybe the battery is dead. if you jump it, jump from a car battery with the engine turned off. check your fuses.

3. nate121080

nate121080 LawnSite Member
    from va

Corey your the man! It jumped right off. As new as it is never would have thought the battery. Thanks Again :clapping:

Nathan

4. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

you gotta make sure that you turn the key off when you're done. if the key if left on, not only will it drain your battery, but it will keep your hour meter on and running, which really sucks. at least that's what happened to an old scag of mine. if it keeps doing it, your charging system may have a prob.