1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

exmark problem?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wattsup, Mar 21, 2004.

1. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I have a Lazer Z 60 27hp Kohler. It does not cut very well. I had a Snapper, but had some mech problems so I bought an Exmark. However, the Snapper has a better cut. When I demoed Exmark they seemed to cut exceptionally well, but mine does not. Many times I have to double cut what the Snapper would cut in one pass. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can check on the mower to see if there is a problem? Also, I sharpen the blades daily and keep the underside of the deck clean so I do not think this is the problem. Thanks in advance.

2. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

what kind of blades are you using maybe try a high lift or a mulching blade

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i know this may seem stupid but... are the blades on upside down?

4. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I am using exmark blades. I have tried gator blades, high lift, and even doubles with no success.

No, the blades are not on upside down.

5. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Is the deck correctly leveled from front to rear ? If the dealer didn't get it set up right , the front of the deck may be much too low. This can cause the mower blades to be in " the shadow" of the front of the mower.

Take it back to the selling dealer and YELL !

Better yet - if you can make an appointment with the dealer to have a tech sent out to where you are cutting, he will be able to see exactly what you are talking about. The guy may be able to make a few adjustments to the deck and make it all mo betta !

6. premier lawn care

premier lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Get the rep w/ Exmark to come out if your dealer shows no interest.

7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Not sure how new it is, but the deck belts require some adjustments in the beginning. Deck-pitch is the only other thing I know it could be.