Exmark propane or Ferris propane?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cimkill, Jun 16, 2011.

1. cimkill

cimkill LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Belize and started a lawn buisness gas is $6.00 a gallon butane which is basically the same as propane is $2.00 a gallon. Which one of these brands cut the best? Has anyone used either of these I currently have a Hustler Z 60 in with 27kohler?

2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Well IMO i think Ferris' are Gay.
    the suspension sucks and is the dumbest idea ever!
    I think exmark is number 1 for the nicest cut on the market
    But if you dont care how the cut is but need to get a large area cut quick i would get a Dixie Chopper.....

I used to have a 72" with dual engines, but the cut was kinda ugly but it cuts really fast!

3. rockymtnmf

rockymtnmf LawnSite Member

I've never priced out the propane models. How do the prices compare to gas models?

4. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

I know i was looking into it a couple years ago.... At the time they were about 2k cheaper than the gas ones. But then in the US the gov't was giving "rebates" for them for another 2k so That would make it 4k cheaper than a gas model

then also propane goes down in the summer.So you would save more there too.

Only reason i didnt get a propane mower was because i rent all my machines now except for one. And for some reason they dont rent propane exmarks

5. ommegang

ommegang LawnSite Member

6. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

That would depend on the grass your cutting and dealer setup. That is why you get so many opinions on here. If your happy with your mower you could just convert it to propane as well.

7. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

8. cimkill

It seem like the exmark is 13,000 for the lazer zx and the ferris comes in at 12000. The thing is if I buy the exmarks and purchase 2 lazer zx and 1 walk behind all in propane i get fleet pricing according to one dealer which drops price by1700 on almost each unit.

9. cimkill

Thanks for the reply see i am a florida boy that moved down here and there are no dealers everything that happens i have to fix myself warranties are useless. It rains 9 months out of the year down here grass is almost always wet or damp and grows like crazy worse than florida during the summer. The hustler does great in these conditions but doesnt make a propane model or i would just buy more hustlers. The other thing is the ground is rough bounce you out of the seat rough. nobody here has thought about box blading anything terrain is rough and hilly. Any suggestions?

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Some states pay a fair amount of cost when you buy a new mower with propane.