Exmark pulley removal

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jbutch83, May 22, 2003.

1. jbutch83

jbutch83 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a ultravac for my exmark, and can't get the pulley off that needs to be replaced with the new one. It's a 2000, with only 320 hours on it. Is there something I am missing, or something special that I need to know about.

Thanks,

John

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey john,

Which pulley are you trying to remove? Do you have your parts manual handy? What is the part number of the pulley you are trying to remove? Where is it located? Let me know when you get a chance, and we'll work from there.

Thanks,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. jbutch83

jbutch83 LawnSite Member

Dustin,

I do not have the parts manual with me, but I will try to explain. If you are looking at the exmark from the rear, it is on the right side, next to the discharge chute. It is the pulley that runs the right side blade, it needs to be removed, and replaced with the new pulley that comes with the ultravac.

John

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

jbutch83

I can jump in and help you out on this one. Back the spindle nut off until it is flush with the top of the shaft.

Use a pinch bar (works best) or a pry-bar under the pulley next to the hub and added some upward pressure. Make a couple of smart strikes to the top of the spindle, rotating the pulley a little each time.

Remove the nut when you get close to the top and it should come off. Some of the older one can be more stubborn so a little pre-soak will help. Give this a shot and let us know how you may out.

If you don't want to tackle this yourself your friendly local dealer can fix-you-up for a small fee!!

Thanks, Fred.