Exmark pully

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mybowtie, Jun 26, 2008.

1. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Not sure how, but the double pully on my exmark ultracut deck(lazer z), got bent up. JOY.....Keeps throwing the drive or mule belt(clutch to deck) onto the upper pully pushing the deck belt off. There is one nut on the bottem of the shaft. Will this thing come appart easy?? or are the bearings pressed on and many swear words later it MIGHT come appart...Any Info or ideas??
    Thanks......................:usflag::usflag:

2. bojodunk

bojodunk LawnSite Member

what makes you think its bent

3. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Putting a spindle and idler pulley on or 98' model now, make sure all the bolts holding the pulley(s) on the back of the deck are still there, if all the carriage bolts holding the bearings and pulleys are in place, I'd say one of the bearings is going out of the deck, never heard of what your saying unless a belt is streached, your crew is jumping ditches, etc... don't know without a look/see. Post please, keep us updated, C'ya K

4. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Putting a spindle and idler pulley on or 98' model now, make sure all the bolts holding the pulley(s) on the back of the deck are still there, if all the carriage bolts holding the bearings and pulleys are in place, I'd say one of the bearings is going out of the deck, never heard of what your saying unless a belt is stretched, your crew is jumping ditches, etc... don't know without a look/see. Post please, keep us updated, C'ya K

5. mybowtie

from NY

Oh its bent.....the edge of the pully is bent up 1/3 of the way around.
    Ill take a pic later. This pully is not the lite alum type on the spindles, its a heaver steel pully.

6. mybowtie

from NY

Ok heres the pic of the pully. I cant even guess how this happened... as you can see only the top rim of the bottem pully is bent up.

pully 003.jpg

7. mybowtie

from NY

Anyone change one of these out?? Any help would be great.....