1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eXmark pump drive belt

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Larry Davis, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Larry Davis

Larry Davis LawnSite Member

I have had since 2001 a eXmark Lazer Z HP and will be replacing my first pump drive belt. Before I get into this project can anyone tell me if there are any potential problems I should look out for? Any special tools required? I usually don't ask these questions in advance when a repair looks simple enough and my failure to do so sometimes bites my in the butt. Any input you pros have would be greatly appreciated.

By the way ............ anybody know what happened between Terry and eXmark? Any problems at eXmark we should know about? I do know they are not responding to email inquires at exmark.com.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Replacing the pump belt is very simple and I can't think of anything you should look out for other than to check the pulleys and make sure they are tight and in good condition. You don't need any special tools.

All I know about Exmark is that they fired Terry and it doesn't look like they are coming back to lawnsite. Their still a sponsor but I think they're done with the forum.