Exmark Quality Question & Metro 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by empirepd, Apr 18, 2005.

1. empirepd

empirepd LawnSite Member

OK, this may be a stupid question for you seasoned guys out there, but I am a newbie to the commercial mowers. Is Exmark any good? I have read some good things about them in this forum and the dealer speaks well of them (of course).

I am looking at the Metro 26, like the larger cutting deck.....do you think it is a good mower that will cut great and last a long time for residential use? Anyone? Anyone?

Anyone seen one of these things in person? I am in Northern VA (Wash DC area) and the closest dealer didn't stock them, but said he could order one with a price around $1150. That seems cheap compared to the prices people are quoting on this board.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I have turned down some jobs where the Metro 26 would be ideal. Exmark needs to reopen their forum and throw us a bone on this one...

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I think Exmark is hiding right now. The 26" is way behind schedule and The free ROPS are WAYYYYYyyy behind schedule....................

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

$1150 isn't a bad price, and yes it would serve a homeowner a long time if maintained properly. Could very well be the last mower you buy................

5. empirepd

empirepd LawnSite Member

What about the Exmark quality? Good quality products?