1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Quest

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STIHL GUY, Sep 18, 2009.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Yesterday while waiting for parts at the dealer i noticed a brand new Exmark Quest for sale. the price was $4000. I know this is more of an entry level model but i mow 10-13 lawns a week all but 2 are less than an acre. Would this mower hold up to say 20 lawns a week with proper care??

2. STIHL GUY

from CT

the mower has a 22 HP Briggs ELS Engine

3. triadlawnandgarden

triadlawnandgarden LawnSite Member

Probibly not, the new Exmark Quest Model is more of a "home-owner" model than something you could use commercially.

4. STIHL GUY

from CT

thanks. thats what i figured but i just wanted to make sure

5. zman2307

zman2307 LawnSite Senior Member
    from OR

they're built ok if you don't mind a 30 day commercial warranty.

6. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Look at a Hustler Fastrak. Usually around 5-6k 1 year commercial warranty, LIFETIME on leading edge of the deck and frame. And commercial engine options. Alot more mower for the money. The Quest was an attempt to compete with the FASTRAK but not a successfull one.

7. zman2307

from OR

Question: what the crap is a warranty on the leading edge of the deck? Is Hustler going to pay to straighten out the front of the deck when I hit something? Why doesn't Hustler make an industry first lifetime warranty on the deck shell?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Totaly agreed, but warranties dont cover stupid, and if you manage to bend a deck shell......well, your stupid!

Soon some are going to be like the auto industry and give you a 10 year 2000 hour warranty. But void warranties and call it abuse. They will only cover parts that are freak failures that usuauly happen in the first 10 hours anyways.

Im happy with the current system.

9. STIHL GUY

from CT

with proper care and maintenance will this mower last anywhere near as long as a commercial model?

10. zman2307

from OR

no, I wouldn't say that. But it's not going to fall apart under commercial usage. they're built about like the Hustler Fastrak, Scag Freedom, and the others in that price range. Cut quality isn't as good, they're slower, etc. but built fine.

if you can afford the full blown commercial units, save your money for them because of the productivity, warranty, etc.