Exmark Question?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

How is everyone doing.Ok so we have a question about the exmark turf tracer and turf tracer hp we are looking into getting another 36" walk behind and the dealer we really like sells Exmark so we are thinking of maybe getting one. we will be going by the dealer in the next week to look, but are wondering how you raise and lower the deck height. Because on their website it says that they have a quick adjust height and I believe it says it is an infinte height adjust but I am not sure on that. Unfortunately their website is not very good and the only pictures of their machines are from far away. So we are wondering if any of you have one of these and could answer about the deck height adjustment and if you have a picture of the height adjustment set up could you post it on here. Thanks in advance for any help. It is appreciated.

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

http://www.exmark.com/pdfs/109-4495.pdf
    Go to the bottom of page 29 and it starts to tell you about adjusting the deck. On the next page you will find the pic.
    Hope that helps you. If you want more go to exmarks home page then service and support then to manuals.

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure but it looks like it pretty much the same as most units out there. We want to switch dealers but one of the options we can't bring our selves to part with is the lever adjusted deck height of the Ferris's. You just turn the lever and the deck goes up or down depending on the direction of the turn. Does anyone know of any other brand that has this.other than simplicity.

4. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

I looked at the Exmark Viking this week and this was the only thing I didn't care for. You have to move spacers in order to adjust deck. I'll be buying one anyway so I bought a cordless impact drill today to make this go much faster. I was going to get the impact for changing blades and in the field quick fixes anyway....soooooo. The Exmark is a cool machine as long as you don't have to adjust height of cut several times a day.

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

How about a wright stander.

6. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

Looked at those also the same day.....If I didn't already own a new ZTR I would buy one in a heart beat. Great suggestion

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

all you gotta do is move the front caster spacers up and down either up two or down two in most situations. No tools needed, takes about 30 seconds once you get good at it (which doesn't take long). Most of the time you should be having all spacers down or only one spacer up or else you'll be cutting pretty short.

8. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

Ya, that's what the dealer (nice guy) pointed out and demo'd. But I wasn't sure if this was the correct way to adjust and still get an even cut. If this will truly have the same results as adjusting spacers on blades then it would be smokin fast and without tools.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

It's not exactly infinite but, all it is is four cotter pins. Pop it out, pull up or let the deck down a little bit, and pop the pin back in. do that in the four corners and your done. no tools or much effort required!

10. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

"Four corners"??? Ahhhhhh all I saw was the front spacers one the front casters. Did I miss something on the back?