exmark quotes.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Feb 23, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

got some quotes from my dealer. just wanted to see what you guys think.

first is a 48" viking fixed deck with a 15hp kawi for $4399
    48" turf tracer hp floating deck electric start 19hp kawi for $6199
    48" turf tracer hp floating deck recoil start 17hp kawi for $5799

i'm leaning towards the electric start. any reason why i should choose one of the others?

thanks.

randy.

2. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the electric start. I have the 17 hp with electric start and it has been great. Three seasons and the battery has now went down and will not hold a charge. I will get a new battery in a few weeks and this time I will charge it through out the season and in the off season take it off of the mower and keep it charged up on float charge. I didn't do any of that on the original battery. But I got three years out of it, not bad. I was told that the charging system on the mower dosen't put enough juice back in the battery if you are starting it a bunch and only running it a short period of time.

3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

I have run both of the setups for the HP you are talking about. The 17 does well, but i really feel that the 19 with the electric start stripes better. It also stripes a lot better in heavier grass. In my opinion the 19 is worth every penny.

Josh

4. lawnwizards

how much does the floating deck help performance wise?
    is it worth the extra money, in your opinions?

5. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

oh yes, the floating deck is wel worth the money. You can adjust the height in about a minute, plus it does not scalp near as bad, hardly any at all actually. You will be much happier with the turftracer overall. I have never heard a complaint about a turf tracer HP.

Josh

6. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

I would go with the viking around here u can't get one for under 5100 new. That sounds like a good deal to me. good luck on choice

7. lawnwizards

have you ran the viking? if so, how does it handle?

8. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

yes there easy to use have a couple not viking now but did. if i could get one for that up here i would. Got turf tracer now love it too with ultra cut deck that things a beast in any grass around here wish they would make the tri-vantage deck 5.5 in deep think it would strip and cut better but cuts good and never had problem with they good luck on purchase

9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

you were given REAL good prices on all, but that turf tracer with the 19hp electric start is a sweet machine. Should give you years and years of good service with little issues.

10. lawnwizards

can you use any available sulky or only the StandOn?
    i have a havener 2 wheel sulky that i used on my old bobcat.