Exmark Recall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by big james, Feb 4, 2002.

1. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

Just got a letter from Exmark recalling Lazer -Zhp's for a muffler rework,This is in cooperation with the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commision .I called my dealer and he confirmed it and said Get in Line!!!! son get in line !!!:rolleyes: :eek:

2. Southland

Southland LawnSite Member

Big James:

Just picked my Lazer up from having the muffler rework installed.
    My dealer did a good job. The crossover pipe for the muffler is not shabby either. As usual, Exmark did a good job designing the parts for the modification. They are heavy duty and look as though the unit came with it as original equipment. My thanks to Exmark for coming up with something that's functional, safe, and looks good.

Southland

3. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

What exactly are they doing ,putting some headers and a glass pack on? lol .No seriously what is it ? Thanks Dude ..:D

4. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

did you get a free set of blades like the letter states?:D :laugh: :laugh:

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the recall that was causing fires because of the muffler?

6. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

and backfiring

7. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

I've got 4 of em' and have not yet recieved a recall???

8. Southland

The setup consist of a crossover tail pipe that runs to the left side of the engine, then up to just above the top of the engine so that the exhaust will exit to the left of the engine high enough so as not to cause a fire hazard in tall dry grass. The pipe is supported with heavy duty framing that has a baked on enamel finish. As reported in the previous post, it looks like the unit came from the factory with it already installed. It really looks good. Also, yes, I did receive a free set of blades. Hope this sheds some light on the setup. I don't think you will be dissappointed if your dealer does a quality job like mine did.

Southland

9. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

I'm sure my dealer will do right by me ,it's got a new mamager now Thanks again.

10. Southland

Big James

I have just read on the Exmark forum that the Excaliber blades are the ones being given out with each upgrade. I'm not sure if the ones I received are Excaliber or not. I was just glad to get a free set of blades. You may want to check with your dealer. This info was passed on by an Exmark rep. for their forum.

Southland