Exmark roller kit question..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Q-Team Inc, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

I'm trying to locate the bearing in the roller kit for an 52" LHP deck. My dealer "can't" or won't give me the actual bearing # to get one from Motion Ind. Does anyone have this number? The dealer wants 125.00 for one for each side. Thanks in advance.

2. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Often the number is stamped on the seal area (side) of the bearing. This number can be used directly or crossed to other manufacturers.

Alternatively, take the outside diameter (OD) of the bearing, inside diameter (ID) of the bearing, and the width and style (locking collar or not), and get the bearing shop to match it.

The best I find is simply to take the old one to the local bearing shop. They know their stuff and can match it instantly.

The mark-up on bearings always amazes me. That bearing is nothing special. I suspect you will find it at the bearing shop for a fraction of the cost you were quoted.

deej

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

$125 for a bearing????!!!!!!
    It's a ten dollar bearing.
    Look for the number on the bearing itself and find some place that sells them or as has been mentioned, take some sizes.........

DON'T give that bonehead at the dealer 125 bones.

4. i looked at my roller and i couldnt find a number on the bearing ..to much grass stain and dirt all over the bearing 's even if it diud have a number

5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I replaced mine a month ago, or so.

There are two differant size collars. The new ones have a grease zert on the collar.

I've got the box and papers for the older style in the shop.
    Check back tonight.

6. Q-Team Inc

No numbers visible. I was hoping somebody has been through this and wrote down the part #. Phishook, I look forward to your response.

It seems to me that the roller assemble could be redesigned. Seems cheap.. Just my opinion.

7. Phishook

OK the box says, Fafnir FLCT 5/8. The UPC code # is 8779605639.

This came with the housing from Motion Industries for close to $35 a peice. The dealer told me something like $65 a peice.

If you have a place up there, take the old one with you.

8. Q-Team Inc

Phishook
    Thanks for your help with the bearings. On order with Motion Inds. for $60.00 versus 125.00 from exmark dealer.

Thanks again. If you are in Maine let me know I'll buy you a round or 2!!:)

9. Phishook

No problem.

How do you like that kit?

10. Q-Team Inc

It seems to do well. No real complaints other than the cheap bearings. Seems like it could be a little tougher.