Exmark Side Bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SUGAR_CUT_MARK, Sep 16, 2003.

1. SUGAR_CUT_MARK

SUGAR_CUT_MARK LawnSite Member

ok i need some feeedback.

i'm considering buying an Exmark Side mount cloth bagger for my 95 Metro 48" W/B. it sells for $350 at the dealer near my house.

can u guys that own and or have used own give me your opinion (s) on it.

How is it for picking up leaves? that's what i'll be using it for primarily.

THe quality?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Sugar
    Look at the top of lawnsite, you will see accelerator baggers. This is the one to buy. Ask for peter.
    John

3. SUGAR_CUT_MARK

SUGAR_CUT_MARK LawnSite Member

john G.

yes i am familiar with them, and they look sweet. i have heard good hings about them, however they are out of my price range a little at this point of my business. although i think they are worth it. thanks . i really would like to invest in one in the near future.

the one i really like is the jumbo Accelerator with the extension, it's huge!! 11 cubic feet i think. how does that translate into bushels??

4. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Why not get a Grass Gobbler Jumbo. Then as $$ allows, add the leaf extender to it for leaf season. The Accelerator has got to be lighter, but by how much I don't know. I will say that whenever I've spent the extra $$ to get the better item I haven't been disappointed. If you can hold off, wait and get the Accelerator.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mark,
    For picking up leaves, unless it's in a really tight area, the Exmark bagger is impracticle. It just fills up way to fast in any considerable quantities. You can windrow it and tarp it much faster (or better yet - just turn it to dust) than what you can pick up with this bagger. This, of course, is considering the use with a Lazer. On helpful hint, though, gring and shred as much as possible before using a bagger (if you're using a small bagger) before you pick it up. This, of course only goes to a certain degree of how long it would take you to tarp, transport and load on the truck as compared to further processing. What I generally do, is get them gathered, then back over them a few times, shredding them to dust, then re-gather them and load them. They are much easier to pack on the truck, then, and of course you can get 10 times the amount on the truck, as well. I hope this helps!

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Sugar
    You said 350$ for the exmark, i don't think the smaller one from Peter is that much? i think the 6.0 is 450 but wait if you invested 450 you could always later come up with i think 275 to expand the bagger. The one from exmark is not expandable and does not work as well.
    11 Cubes will be 8.8 bushels.
    john

7. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the accelerator bagger. The XL only weighs 18 pounds. No mounting plate either.

8. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Sugar,
    I have one. Quality is great. Very thick cloth. Does a great job. Only bad thing I can say is that it fills up to fast. Then again, if it were any bigger it would pretty heavy to unload all the debris.

Check your PM, Sugar.

9. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Nice bag. You just have to watch out rubbing them on things such as trees. They will end up with holes in them dumping clumps of grass back onto the lawn