1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark side bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Josh18, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Anyone have any pics of the exmark sidee bagger for a walkbehind? I am looking at getting one (only because a couple of yards requested bagging) My dealer doesnt have any in stock and I would like to see once actually on a mower. Also, how much did the bagging system cost you? Thanks
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have an eXmark cloth bagger. Its is a complete pain. The mounting plate added an extra 2" to the width. I replaced it with a grassgobbler. Which are both cheaper than the eXmark bagger and last long since its all steel not cloth. I had to resew it back together several times.

I still have the eXmark bagger so when I sell the mower I will keep the grassgobbler to put on the replacement mower.

The eXmark bagger is about $300, the grassgobbler is $200.
  3. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

i have the grass gobbler and the leaf gobbler together, (9 bushel cap) its a PAIN when the grass is thick and heavy.... but on the jobs that request it we have to bag (2 million dollar houses, large accounts, dont wish to loose them) and it works.

the clip on the top (when you have the grass gobbler and leaf gobbler together) tends to break, just drill out the rivets and put a steel reinforcement plate and some bolts, it will be fine after that. and i put the PSI in the right tire a little higher then in the left so it all evens out when the right side has the extra weight.
  4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I have an Exmark and I use the all aluminum Accelerator bagger. They are a sponsor of this site. Just click on their link at the top of this page. I think the accelerator is superior due to the fact that it is much lighter than steel. It will never rust and is tough as nails. I've accidently banged mine hard enough to stop my mower with no damage what so ever to the bagger, though I dont recommend you try this. I have no connection to Accelerator at all. I just like the product.
  5. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Locutus, how much was the accelerator bagger?
  6. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

I was browsing lawnsite tonight and saw your post. Here is a link to the page on our site with some pictures of our catcher on the exmark
    http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/mower models/Exmark.htm
    List price is $329.00 for the regular size, for the 6.2 list is $459.00. If you have an exmark dealer in your state that you go to they can get our catchers from Blalock Machines in Atlanta. Prices vary a bit from dealer to dealer.

Thanks for the nice comments! Hope you are having a good season.
  7. locutus

from NC

Josh, I paid about $450.00 for mine. It is the Acclerator xl 6.2. I like the bigger catcher because I dont have to dump it as often and it holds a lot of leaves during leaf season. I use it primarily on a 36" Exmark and dont have any problems with the extra large size.
  8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm definitly going with the accelerator bagger this fall.
  9. locutus

from NC

you wont regret it, I assure you.