1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

exmark snow blower

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jones68, Jan 25, 2013.

1. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

I would love to see a walk behind snow blower from the likes of exmark and scag i think it could be a good market. anybody ever seen anything like this?

2. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Youngstown, Ohio

No but it would work great. Walk behinds are just two wheel tractors. Remove the deck and add a snow blower or a sweeper or a leaf blower for that matter. Even the smallest walk behind (36") with 15 hp would run a large blower or any other attachment. Lost opportunities on their part.

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Its probably coming.. They just had a bunch of new items the last couple of years like all of there turf products.. Commercial snow equipment is probably next...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

There used to be a company that made an add on snow blower for an exmark mower. It would bolt up to the engine deck frame.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw one before. Never had one though but bet it would be awesome on a hydro walkbehind..
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

You mean like the Gravely attachments that were made years ago and reintrodced in 06 or 07?

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I believe Ferris makes a snow blower attachment for their walk behind mowers.

8. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Youngstown, Ohio

Snowblowers have a piece on the muffler that warms the air before it goes into the intake. Also, I don't think snow equipment have air cleaners due to moist air freezing the paper elements.

9. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

I know Deere and Toro have their snow blower lines which stand alone from their walkbehind lines. Toro makes a snow blower for their bigger groundsmaster ZTR and of coarse Deere has them for tractors. I remember seeing a picture on here of someone that fab'ed a ATV plow to the engine frame of a SCAG.

10. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

how many commercial guys would seriously use something that large?

we have 2 stage snow throwers now that mostly homeowners use. well i should make a major note before i go any further. i'm speaking from my neck of the woods, IN.

the commercial guys usually use the single stage toro's that are light weight and one guy can throw it in and out of the pickup bed really easy. i know i have 2 of them with me at all times when doing snow removal.

maybe thats not the case in other areas that receive larger amounts of snow. in IN we typically see snow of 2-4 inches total each time it snows. so we aren't moving a huge amount at a time. the single stage toro's work great.