Exmark stand-on aerator = slow up/down

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by americanlawn, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Would not have mattered if you saved a few hundred bucks, I would not have paid the bill. You say this owner is a trustworthy guy but he seems to be lacking in customer service. I would take this up with Exmark also, you lost time and money.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto to both these comments.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks Mark. Sorry I was an A-Hole. Wondering if Lenny from Exmark has followed this post? (I think I provided the serial number & purchase date) The whole thing seems kinda fishy to me regarding warranty.

4. americanlawn

from midwest

Exmark Premium Hydro Oil = "page removed". http://www.exmark.com

I want to service my new Exmark stand-on aerator this winter, but I had "questions" regarding the best hydro oil and what is in Exmark's premium hydro oil.

At this point, I have concerns regarding:

1) Dealer knowledge/experience
    2) Operating the aerator with existing Exmark hydro oil
    3) Operating the aerator at temps between 20 -- 35 degrees (this week's forecast)
    4) Info regarding Exmark Premium Hydo Oil was removed from the Exmark site

I'm not complaining. Just seems I keep running into dead ends. Do you guys always use Exmark hydro oil, or do you use something else?

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Exmark used to use Mobil 1 20w-50 until Mobil changed the formulation and was causing some hydro problems for them. The current product is considered superior to Mobil 1.

6. americanlawn

from midwest

Wondering what that product is?? Is it a true hydro oil, or is it a motor oil? And why the secrecy regarding Exmark & it's products???

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Can't answer that Larry. Here is what the dealer has said: Mobil 1 was used exclusively until Exmark began experiencing a higher than acceptable failure rate in hydro components. What they found was that Mobil had changes the formulation of their oil. Exmark/Toro then had oil formulated to provide greater protection at higher temperatures.

Your dealer should be able to address the veracity of this.