eXmark stander?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by chopsticks33, Nov 9, 2005.

1. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

will there ever be a standing mower by exmark??
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hi chopsticks33,
    We have looked at this market many times, but we have not seen the growth in the market to justify our R & D. It isn't to say there isn't a need, but it is not the hot project at this time. We introduced the Phazer 34" & 44", Frontrunner and Navigator in the last 12 months.
    Thanks, Brian
  3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

You've not seen the growth in the market for a stand on because eXmark does not make one. We're all waiting on you guys at eXmark to built us the stand on that we want. I'm ready for one!! If you built it, they will sell...
  4. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Yes Sir....Ditto That!!!
  5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I agree with Exmark. There is very little market for stander-type machines except in small areas of the country. There are already 3 maanufacturers of standup machines, and without more market, where are the sales going to come from. When we opened our store, we were going to be a Wright dealer. Thank God that did not work out. I bet there are not more than 5 or 6 Standers of any kind sold in our whole county, and we are in one of the fastest growing counties in the USA. There are hundreds of mowing contractors around here, all buying walkbehinds, or ZTR's, but not standers.
    Other than the ability to handle some pretty steep hills, what is the real reason for buying a stander? Exmark and others offer nice, sit-down ZTR's that cost no more than a similar size stand-up machine. And, most new, start-up companies will buy a walkbehind, as they are looking to get some commercial mowers, at very low prices. I say Exmark and the other manufacturers are making a wise decision to not build stand-up machines. Use that design budget to improve on their ZTR's and walkbehinds. That is where the market is.
    Just my opinion.
  6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would buy a stander if they made it. especially if it came up to a 60" deck size, and went as small as 34".
  7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

ya i'll buy in
  8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

but what would be even better, is something like the toro dingo and a Z crossed. multi purpose, but with a faster ground speed, and the ability to do a lot of mowing.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i personally think standers are unsafe and useless.
  10. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Well that settles it then.