exmark striper & door hangers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikesjumpingin, Mar 9, 2003.

1. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

Hi -- you guys are cool. I have based so many of my start up decisions based on so much info here.

FYI:

(1) I found out direct from Exmark that the EZ Striper is being developed for their walk behinds (maybe available soon?).

Also (2) regarding door hangers for promoting new business:

CopyMax/OfficeMax (and I imagine many popular discount copy stores) has perforated card stock hangers for their copy machines, at 8 cents per 8.5 x 11 sheet (2 hangers per sheet) or maybe the quote I got was 8 cents a hanger, can't remember. Cheap either way. Just bring a standard print-out of your ad duplicated in 2 columns.

I asked the girl if the order would take long (thinking days) and she said she was sorry but if she had to design it, it might not get complete until that night! Then when I said I didn't need her to design it, she said she could do it on the spot when I go back there with the master copy.

Hope this helps.

Mike

2. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I did not get as good of a reply from people on door hangers for the price. In my area I picked up most of my customers from the newspaper adds and word of mouth.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Fliers and doorhangers are A LOT cheaper at a local printing company than at office supply stores like that. Call for prices, but I can get 3,000 door hangers printed up, single color paper single color ink, single side printing for $140. That's $0.046 per hanger. They fit 3 per sheet but that is irrelevant because it's per hanger price. The only downside is most have to order the stock for doorhangers which takes a few days.

4. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

Success rate -- I heard people say they got 4 % success rate for door hangers. Just wondering how anyone did (if you have the numbers?)

I forgot to ask that question.

Thanks, Mike

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

1% response for fliers is average.... that is what everyone says on here and that is what I have been getting. So figure 100 fliers per response you want but realize you shouldn't be getting all of the jobs that people ask about (if you do something is wrong like too low of a price). So maybe 200 fliers per customer on the high end?

6. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas