exmark stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, May 16, 2005.

1. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

first cut of the season . there is 102 homes in this complex and common ground

waterbury 001.jpg

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

you should go back over some of those lines to eliminate the tree ring circles.

3. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

Agreed, a little touchup and those are awesome...I assume no stripe kit?

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Looks lush. Those homeowners on the left could f art and the people on the right would smell it in a second because they are so close. Nice job.

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

those lines are so dark thats what i do take a look no matter what i do they are still there. no stripe kit. by the way i dont have time to go over 102 homes there.

6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

The stripes look great, but i'm not feelin the tree circles.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Do your trim and circle passes first. Then start at the back and forth stripes by the trees and work your way out away from them. In other words, hop the curb at the stripe that passes on the right of the tree. Mow down, circle the tree, proceed to end. Turn back on stripe that passes to the left of the tree and return to the curb. Turn and make the next pass back to the house. This pass will erase the circle (dark arc in light pass). Continue to work left to the drive.

Run down street, hop curb and start on the pass running towards that heat pump/power box/whatever. That pass will erase those circles. Return on pass to the left, which will erase the circles to the left of the tree.

If the circles still remain, you will have to add a stripe kit to help act as a better eraser, if that makes sense....

8. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Thats wrong envy, the key is to put the tree in the middle of a strip.

9. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Well I dont want to be a downer here but... turf looks good! Stripes look like hell.

10. JB Landscape

JB Landscape LawnSite Member

Blow off the driveway. If you have time to take pictures you have time to make the lawn look better. Striping kits are way overrated. They make a lawn look unnatural.