exmark striping kit question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allpro2009, Jul 21, 2008.

1. allpro2009

allpro2009 LawnSite Member

Ive been searching for a striping kit for my exmark metro 48. can anyone suggest a site, kit, or design that i could use thats not going to cost me $400? thanks for your time.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Make one. The dragging chain design works WAY too well not to do it. I have the striping kit for the Lazer, and while it works (very) well, I would and will never buy another. less than 40 or 50 bucks from the hardware store will build one that will do things that the roller kit cannot touch.

5. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

"The dragging chain design works WAY too well" Runner

Sounds good, do you have any pics?

6. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Another good reason maybe to use dragging chain is when you have to back up onto curbs ( WB ) .

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the best pics I've ever seen on this was from Eric ELM. Unfortunately, I don't think we can any longer post pics of this on here, as it is offered on another site. (Ironic that a guy who was a saint to the industry, a key figure on this site - and lived to share and teach and help people can't have his stuff shared with others on here anymore). maybe a google search can turn something up on him, but that is all I can state, really.

8. allpro2009

those pictures up top very nice, im going to give that a try once i try this dragging chain idea. im going to search it up see if i can get an idea of how these chains attach etc. thanks for all your suggestions.

9. allpro2009

haha get a load of this that pinged up as im searching. had to post this bcz i wouldnt be caught dead rolling over a customers lawn with some ghetto striper like this! hahah to funny

lol.jpg

10. allpro2009

i dont know why, but it reminds me of a carwash.