ExMark Striping Kit Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ACKDCA, Mar 12, 2011.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh LawnSite Senior Member

True, but remember that roller is held on by bearings that mount to the deck. Every time that stripe kit is under load, so are the bearings. And thats exactly why those bearings fail. I replaced them once. They were Timkens and weren't cheap. I'm almost positive Exmark only warranties them for 90 days? Maybe a year? And I personally don't think the stripe is any better than running without it. Especially on the new Z's. Its the craziest design. You will have 5 different stripes as you mow.

2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Those kits are gimmicks. Just cut the grass man. It leaves the same mark. who cares. save your money!!!!!

3. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Like I said the striping roller also acts as an anti-scalp roller. Yes when the roller hits an ostacle it will raise the deck and roll on the roller. This is commercial grade equipment, don't be afraid. Like I said before 3 of mine have over 1000hrs with the original roller. If it craps out tomorrow I think I got $300 out of it.

4. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

you can replace the bearings with greasable ones. The roller is adjustable. set it at a higher setting if you have a problem with it hitting curbs