exmark stripping kits needed or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kyfireman2004, Mar 7, 2008.

1. I just went into the emark dealer today for a price on a tthp. My sales rep said the exmark walkbehind doesnt need a stripping kit. Can people that run exmarks give some light on the subject? I mow both bluegrass and tall fescue in my area.
  2. Lazer Man

Lazer Man LawnSite Member
    from SW Pa.

I'll jump in, I say try without see how you like the cut. Why spend what you don't have to. plus if not needed just another "thing" to clutterup the shop.

Bob :waving::waving:
  3. gman44

gman44 LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Metro . No srtipping kit needed . I mulch only and have used gator blades and factory high lifts , great strips .
  4. gman44

gman44 LawnSite Member

I mean stripes.
  5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think they're necessary. My 48's stripe fine without.
  6. itsallaboutthestripes

itsallaboutthestripes LawnSite Member

If you need a stripe kit on a mower it is junk in my opinion.
  7. bnorton

bnorton LawnSite Member

I have a 48" tthp, used it for about a year without a striping kit. Lays down good stripes but they look so much better with the striping kit. I really like mine, that is about all I can tell ya!
  8. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

good to see another guy from lexington. the exmark does leave a nice stripe, espically if your using a velke and sharp blades, but i have seen mowers with the kits and they do leave a deeper stripe. hope u have a great season.
  9. GreenJay

GreenJay LawnSite Member

My 60" Exmark turf tracer makes great stripes without a kit, I always get compliments and request for these stripes. Don't waste your money.