eXmark tension-springs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oneEXMARKfan, Jun 7, 2001.

1. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

With all the eXmark owners here, how many have had trouble with the tension spring on the deck belt? Just want to know if I need to look elsewhere besides eXmark to find a better one, or have I (and a few others) just got hold of a bad one. Do most last several hundred hours or more? Or less than 40 like this one? Just looking at it, if someone had ask me how long I thought it would have lasted, I would prob. have said forever. Just hate to spend 14.00 every 40 hours. Anyone else been having this problem?
  2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

On model Exmark. I have a Toro Proline (Exmark with T-bar) is this the same spring.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

321 hours on mine. I would go back to the dealer and get a free one. Warranty item.
  4. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Thank you for your response Richard! (just what I want to hear) Warranty ran out 2 months ago. Just trying to plan ahead, if I needed to find an alternative. No prob. to change them, but just curious how other's luck has been with them.
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I just hit 120 hours on my new Lazer Z and spring has worked ok up to present....knock on wood.
  6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I had truoble with mine.
  7. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

tke a good look at your belts and the double shiv. I had a problem with my popping off and the bearing in the double shiv was bad. Make sure your pivot arm is moving freely also!