eXmark [Toro] or John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sammy, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Want to upgrade to the JD M653 or the eXmark Lazer Z52. Drove Toro, LZ, Grass Hopper and Deere at Louisville this past weekend. Anyone have some pros or cons on these two models ? Thanks.
  2. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Go with the JD or Lazer.<br>We have one of the ztraks. Very nice<p>----------<br>-Grasscape Mgmt.<br>
  3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

The Deere dealer offered $550.00 more in trade then the Toro dealer. Leaning that way right now. The Toro guy was less then honest with me.
  4. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Yea, weve had to deal with Toro cust. service. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. JD backs their product 200000000%.<br>Are you looking at the outfront, or midmount?<p>----------<br>-Grasscape Mgmt.<br>Http://sites.netscape.net/grasscapeinc/homepage
  5. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

I demoed the deere and the lazer hp. Personal preference-- I am more impressed with the Exmark ZTR units. In fact I own two. <p>Believe me, I understand about getting more money back at trade in time. But what do you really want to get next? I guess what I am really trying to say is this: will another $500 in trade be worth it by the time you have sat for 1,000 hours in the seat of that new shiny machine which was your second pick? Get which ever one you like better.<p>gus
  6. niblick49

niblick49 LawnSite Member

Go with Exmark hands down. They still make their mower at their OWN factory. Yes, they have been purchased by Toro, but they still use their on research & employees to build their machines. Toro uses the best of Exmark on their machines.
  7. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

J.D. 655 Mid Z w/ the 60 in. deck and 25 hsp. kohler. We have 3. Plus I think my username says it all.