Exmark, toro, scag, hustler, other?? POLL...please read

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 30, 2007.

?

which mower do you think is better?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2010.
  1. Toro.

73 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Exmark.

165 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Scag.

123 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. Hustler.

63 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Other, and mention in thread!!!

78 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

Exmark is the best cutting mower I have ever ran. The Ultra cut deck is unstoppable. And its not about the name it's about the carpet smooth cut.

2. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

i went to an exmark dealer and was looking at walk behinds, correct me if iam wrong but the parts and design of the toro are the same as the exmark and the price is within 100 bucks..... in this area pretty much everyone uses toro or exmark

3. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

the deck construction is different, it makes a huge difference.

4. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I personally am going to stick with toro because i have a great relationship with a dealership about 30 minutes away. If my mower goes down I get a loaner etc. Great people.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Dealer support is just as or more important than the brand you choose. Go by dealer then select the equipment they sell. I am sort of into exmark because of the dealer I got it from.

6. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Scag..:weightlifter:

7. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

People buy john deere for the name. They buy scags or exmarks to cut grass habitually, frequently and continuously.

8. VP Landscape LLC

VP Landscape LLC LawnSite Member

i myslef have a 07 Hustler Trimstar, and i love it, havent had any problems with it yet, but i would buy a exmark or walker next...

9. atnulook

atnulook LawnSite Member

what do you about the ferris1500z 44"

10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't beat the cut of my Deere nor the service at my dealership! With Green Fleet, if it isn't fixed in an hour or less there will be a mower in your trailer and you will be back on the job....... end of story!

John Deere gets it for me! Highland Turf and Tractor (Dade City,FL) for service!