Exmark, toro, scag, hustler, other?? POLL...please read

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 30, 2007.

?

which mower do you think is better?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2010.
  1. Toro.

73 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Exmark.

165 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Scag.

123 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. Hustler.

63 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Other, and mention in thread!!!

78 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. madokie

madokie LawnSite Member

I have found that it really depends on what part of the US you are working in as to what brands are the most common. I personally have found the Hustler SuperZ to be my alltime favorite. I have owned and used Dixie Chopper, Grasshopper, Cub Cadet, Toro, Wright Stander, John Deere, and others as well. I will always try to stay with the Hustler SuperZ.

2. vermonta

vermonta LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

In over twenty years in business, I have owned Exmarks since 1990 and have never seen a better cut overall. I have a 72", 60" Lazers and a 60" and 52" turf tracers.

This year I bought an Everide Warrior 25Kaw 60" with bagger and it's great for wet grass but the deck wheels are to far away from the ground. Scalps to easy unless it's pretty flat. And it also doesn't chop the clippings up, it just throws them out and they could be as much as 5" long coming out of the deck. It disperses them well but doesn't cut them up much.

On the Toro? IMHO they made a great improvement in there machines when they bought there competition (Exmark) because they got there best ideas from what the Exmark already had. There deck is a bit different but other than that there the same basic machine. Before they bought ExMark there mid size comercials were IMHO again JUNK But, they are greatly improved now.

3. perfectpasslawns

perfectpasslawns LawnSite Member

grasshopper!!!!!FTW! nobody here use them?

4. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

go eXmark!!!!!

5. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

eXmark rules!!! Pretty much anything RED is good equipment. eXmark, newer Toros, Gravely, Yazoo Kees....all good, reliable stuff!!

6. wayside

wayside LawnSite Senior Member

7. Bob-Cat#1

Bob-Cat#1 LawnSite Member

Bob-Cat is #1 without a doubt!

8. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

we run 1 lesco and the rest exmark just went out yesterday and got a 07 left over 60 lazer. We love our exmarks

9. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you compare the Lesco Z2 to the Lazer Z.

10. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

scag /exmark but if had to choose one exmark