Exmark, toro, scag, hustler, other?? POLL...please read

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 30, 2007.

?

which mower do you think is better?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2010.
  1. Toro.

73 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Exmark.

165 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Scag.

123 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. Hustler.

63 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Other, and mention in thread!!!

78 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. Powerws

Powerws LawnSite Member

I need to buy a mower tomorrow or within the next week. I heard that the Scag went away from their cast deck and went to steel. I heard the Walker still uses a cast deck. Any feedback on this issue? From what I have gathered the cast deck is the best and strongest!:weightlifter:

2. John deer Z

John deer Z LawnSite Senior Member

X 2 :usflag::cool2::waving:

3. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

other thread pretty similar:

4. demhustler

speed & quality of cut: cut on 15 mph same as cut on 12 mph (or 10 mph on this matter) - all depends on grass/surface conditions (10, 15 - same thing - you have to slow down when you have to)

speed itself - 15mph and 10mph difference can be compared as difference between very old rider or walkbehind w.sulky (8mph) and exmark 12mph
    see 4 yourself

in my experience - basically all new mowers with newer deck design accommodating their speed are making good cut - again all depends on ground conditions - slow down if necessary

btw. since manufacturers use same engines, pumps, wheelmotors - mowers of same characteristics pretty close too - major difference makes service - how long it would take to get/replace part (how long it would be out of field )

p.s. Ferris with suspension should be good - but just 12mph...- with IS they could be not that slow... : )))

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. demhustler

stock -3600; blades rpm & tip fpm speed increased accordingly, 11%

KM, how it's goes ok? 10-15% -pretty much safe? (...if anything goes wrong - they'll blame You)

6. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

Walker hands down and my closest parts dealer is 60 miles away and sucks as* but walker units sell theirselves i own 8 .

i read they are good on manicured turf which is the manufacturing companys idea too but i promise they hold up just fine making a 2 week cut with heavy fertilize and a week of rain i have seen the guys pull 32 dumps per acre off lawns and you guy know what..... they still looked perfect .
    this post isnt one sided i own 72" ferris 5000z 60" gravley's 50" cub cadet ztr and seveal walks ,pushmowers and yes even a 30" ztr unit

7. meyere60

meyere60 LawnSite Member

dang alot of you all like exmark. i prefer SCAG all the way. the spindles suck on exmark, the decks are thin, just my opion especially the walk behinds.