Exmark TR,How-to Change belts on deck?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by thelandscaper27, Feb 9, 2002.

1. thelandscaper27

thelandscaper27 LawnSite Member

Exmark turf Tracer I have and I would like to know How do I change the deck belt?

How do I change belt going to the electric blade clutch to the deck?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The two belts on the Turf Tracer are the deck drive belt, which is the belt that runs from the clutch to the deck and the blade drive belt which routes between the blade spindles.

To replace the blade drive belt you must first remove the deck drive belt from the mower deck assembly. To do this place a 9/16" socket on the bolt that holds the idler pulley to the idler arm. Pull back on the ratchet or breaker bar against the spring tension. This will allow you to move the idler which will release the belt tension and allow you to slip the belt off one of the pulleys. If you want to replace the deck drive belt you must also unplug the electric clutch and unbolt the clutch strap. Be careful not to damage the clutch wires where they enter the connector or the clutch. Re-install the clutch by reversing the process. Be certain to re-attach the clutch strap. If you forget to attach the clutch strap you are all but guaranteed to pull the wires out of the clutch which will mean a costly clutch replacement.

To replace the blade drive belt you must lossen the two bolts that are mounted behind the two fixed idler pulleys at the rear of the mower deck. These bolts prevent the deck belt from being removed from the fixed idler pulleys. You can now use a 9/16" socket to remove the spring tension just as you did the deck drive idler. With the belt tension removed you can lift the belt off one of the pulleys and release the idler. You should now be able to remove the belt. Re-install by reversing the process.

This is one of those things that is easier to explain over the telephone than it is to explain in e-mail. If you've got any questions do not hesitate to give me a call at 800-667-5296.