1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eXmark trade/resale value

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Guardian, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Our eXmark dealer has his annual "PRO day" sale in two weeks. I am interested in trading a 3 yr old lazer Z hp 44" (17kaw) w/ 915 hrs. He has a record of its service history, so he won't have to guess at how its been maintained.

Any idea of what I can expect? (There really isn't anything wrong with it, just want a 60")

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Tough call. We really don't have anything to go by. Most dealers will have a better understaning of used equipment values. The Lazer HP holds up well and with 915 hours on it if it's been taken care of should have plenty of life left in it to say the least. Often a dealer will refer to a "blue book" type publication that lists values based on trade in value, resale value and condition but unfortuneatly we don't have a copy. Most of the Exmark products hold their value fairly well but it really comes down to what the dealer wants to give you. I wish I could be more help but unfortuneatly I don't have anything to reference.

Good luck

3. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

This might give you some idea. I recently sold a 48" lazer Z HP with 18 hp kohler and around 850 hours for $3500.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Most ZTRs loose about $1500 to $2000 the minute the mower rolls off of the dealers showroom floor. Each year after that they loose around $500 to $1000. This would be trade-in value.