1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Triton Cutting Platform

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stateline 1, May 9, 2006.

1. Stateline 1

Stateline 1 LawnSite Member

Is anybody using the new deck? How does it perform? Is it working well in the lush spring growth?
  2. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Well I have a 60 in triton and so far it has been doing fine. The only thing I don't like about it is that it will clog in wet tall grass. If the grass is damp(dew or mist) and not tall it will do fine no clogs. One thing I really like about it is nothing sticks to the deck. Going to get some extreme mulchers from exmark and try them. I have had real good success with them on my older mowers. Anyone else have tritons?
  3. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Triton and havent experienced a clog yet. How does it clog when you say that nothing sticks to the deck? I think just about any mower that you mow sopping wet tall grass will clump the grass on the lawn. I think the Triton is great, it is similar to running doubles if you have ever done it. It throws the grass out about 4 ft. which makes the grass spread better when being discharged.

4. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I wanted to go Exmark with a Triton, but, went with the Toro due to the dealer being larger and have a larger service department with loaner mower if needed. I think the Turbo Force deck will perform quite well. Mine has a 52" cut and a 30HP Kohler. I pick it up on Friday.
  5. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

If you mow grass that is soaking wet it will clog. Now I mean if you mow in the rain it is going to clog and stick to the deck. I don't think they make a deck that will handle grass while it is raining. Just my experience though. Don't get me wrong I think they are much better than the ultracuts but it still will not plug up when its raining.