Exmark triton deck. Tried one out myself.!! PICS READ>.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DillonsLawnCare, Oct 20, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys, so i decided to rent an exmark mower for the weekend for fun to cut some of my accounts with,including my yard also. so i rent it for about $100 and picked it up this morning. brought it back, went over it real well. so i start to cut my yard, and its a little wet from heavy dew. this thing cuts pretty awesome but disperses its clippings like $%#@. i keep mowing,:hammerhead: only to find out that it gets worse. im cutting fesue down to 3". this thing is bogging down!!!:dizzy: its got a 31hp vangaurd engine. this is ridiculous. its got a 60" triton also. so im done cutting. and i end up cutting my yard 4 times!!!, just to get it looking a little better, and there is still clumps!!:dizzy: so i end up cutting one other yard with it today, and it still clumps dry grass. so i double cut that yard. i didnt gain any time mowing the yards i did today. so i look under the deck and its just horrible. i dont think ill be buying a triton deck anytime soon. im glad i didnt drop 8K for this mower. and what also sucks was that the levers overlapped eachother, so it was hard to manuever and it sucked....

here are some pics of the mower. theres a few where i have my stuff on it, cause im 14 and i drive the mower around my neighborhood to get to my yards. enjoy....

CIMG0763.JPG

CIMG0762.JPG

CIMG0761.JPG

CIMG0760.JPG

CIMG0759.JPG

2. DillonsLawnCare

more......

CIMG0757.JPG

CIMG0754.JPG

CIMG0747.JPG

CIMG0740.JPG

CIMG0730.JPG

3. DillonsLawnCare

one more.......................

CIMG0723.JPG

4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Well you got poor performance because it's called, "a rental"!

5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

First its a Rental and often things that are rented can be in not the best condition from people who abuse them because of a lack of knowledge on how to properly operate them. Also they can be damaged because they are used by so many people who don't care because its not theirs.

Were the blades sharp?

6. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I was just about to ask. It doesn't look like the blades are sharp.

7. DillonsLawnCare

no the blades were dull as crap. maybe ill sharpen them, but i dont have a jack to get the mower up to be able to stick a wrench up there. and i know its a rental, but when i got it, it had 64 hours on it! thats nothing.

8. DillonsLawnCare

heres some pics of the blades. i dont know if you can see the dullness.

CIMG0771.JPG

CIMG0770.JPG

CIMG0769.JPG

CIMG0766.JPG

CIMG0765.JPG

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Pics are blury but from what i can see my blades never get that bad. See how the edges aren't strait but kinda jaged and dull. Those may not have even been sharpened yet. Definitly over due for one.

10. DillonsLawnCare

do you think i should sharpen them??? will the rental place get mad?? i also checked the oil and its low, so is the hydraulic. its sad how such a great machine is abused like it is.