Exmark Triton Reviews NY

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newtostone, Oct 30, 2007.

1. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Alright, so next year i am looking at replacing my current staff of mowers, we have 3 scags. Two walk behinds and one wildcat, the wildcat overall has held up well but i would rather a mower with a better cut. Theres nothing worse than seeing the lawn next to you (cut by a rival LCO) looking better (In terms of cut quality). So what i am asking is, all you guys who run the newer exmarks with a triton deck in NY, please let me know how they are doing. Any issues? Stay away? Stay scag? Please just help me out here. Thanks in advanced.

2. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

The Only Two mowers worth owning are the Exmark Turf Tracer 20+ HP and a Dixie Chopper with your choice of diesel or gas(above 24HP).

period.

paragraph.

3. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i hear and have test dirven one, that the triton decks suck. if you get an exmark, then get one with the ultracut deck. i bet everyone agrees with this.

get the Lazer z Advantage Series with either the 52" deck or 60" with the 28hp kawi.

i believe that the exmark lz as 52" ultracut 28hp kawi is $7800
    the lz as 60" ultracut 28hp kawi $8999.

last time i asked, thats what i got quoted.(prices may vary upon location)

thanks, hope i could help

4. dillon, i thought it was agreed that it is not fair to base your opinion on exmark's triton deck soley on the rental experience you had.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you have a gravely dealer. try the X factor deck.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious, what were your rival LCO's running? I mean if the cut looks that good in NY maybe you should run what they are running. I really think you need some good demo's but it will be May before you can get a good feel for what works best for you. The Triton may even work in your area. I think you should wait till Spring and get some hands on demo's. This is too much money to risk on opinions. As you know opinions on Lawnsite are always mixed. Nothing like finding out for your self. If you not happy with the Scag cut in your area then keep an eye on what the competition is using and how the finish cut looks with that brand.

7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

were brought back for 08. They are offering a 52 ultracut on an hp which was one of their biggest seller, and a 60 ultra cut on a full z.

Price vs performace, the AS are my best sellers. 28kawi with the 52 deck.

8. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: I don't get it, do you sharpen your blades, clean the deck, check the pitch, My scag cuts as good as any mower in the business, so does my Toro....Marks Mowing Service

9. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What deck does your scag Wildcat have...is it the Velocity? I have heard it performs much better then the older advantage and previous decks.

10. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

The deck I have on all 3 right now are the advantage deck. So its not the best scag has to offer right now. And as for Tocoma I think its going to come down to doing a demo on them this up coming spring, I really wanted to go with a 66" and then do 2 smaller walks'. Now everyone around here I see using an Exmark cuts just a little bit shorter than I like, which I know for a fact allows for a better cut, I would like to keep my height around 3.5". Yes I do keep my mower in great shape sharp blades and all, I am not saying Scag isnt a good mower, Its just in my eyes I can see better, and want the best for my business and future.

ANYONE USING THE MOWER PLEASE KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS COMING