Exmark TTHP electrical short

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mac43rn, May 23, 2002.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I have a new 36" tthp that is a fabulous piece of machineary. The only problem I have, which just came up today, is there seems to be some sort of short. When I am running in 2nd or 3rd "gear" and hit any sort of bump, the engine will try to stop running. Kind of like pulling up on the safety handles. I have checked for lose wires and have not seen anything. do not see any metal touching metal that was cause this sort of problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey mac43rn,

When you push down on the "safety handles," there is a little tab under the console that depresses a safety switch (The console is that black portion of the handles that says "eXmark" on it). Check to make sure that the button on the safety switch is being completely pushed in. If it is not, this could be one of the reasons why your unit wants to cut out. I think you can adjust the position of the safety switch. If I'm wrong, you can simply bend the metal tab down to take care of this problem.

I know you've already done this, but re-check all of the connections to the safety switches. If you're afraid that you might be missing some, take out your Parts Manual and look at the Wiring Diagram. It shows all of the various connections made. See if this fixes your problem. If it doesn't, just create another post or e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com, and we'll keep working on this problem.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support