Exmark TTHP New or DEMO?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Sep 17, 2003.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have the chance to buy a demo model 36"TTHP exmark with less than 15 hours on it for 3985. Is this a good deal or should I go with a new one for 4899? I am thinking the demo but would like some input if even the new price is a good price?
    Thanks in advance.

2. shm

shm LawnSite Member

less than 15hrs?...go with the demo

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I got the same machine NEW for $4199.00, I'd shop around.

4. sildoc

Elephantnest, Might I ask where since they are wanting me to pay shipping from the regional rep. I would be more willing to pay shipping on a new machine if it only cost me 4199.00. This is the closest exmark dealer to me (70 mile drive at that) Next one is 300 miles away(that sucks) Dealer is good with parts for all of my other equiptment but wont budge on walk behind exmarks. Thanks.

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I sent you a PM.

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

$4,000, $ 4199, $ 4899 for a 36" WB?
    add a couple grands you "ride" a Lazer HP, just think about it. Wouldn't it be a real saver? It doesn't take that long to make 2 K I know I will go with Lazer cause that rider will blow whatever hydro WB you've got now.
    regards,

7. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

Why is it that anytime a hydro walkbehind is mentioned, somebody says "go ahead and get a Lazer"? How many 36" ZTRs are there other than a Walker? What if he needs a 36"? Then what? What if most of his accounts are on hills that would turn a ZTR into something resembling a fair ride? What if his customers freak out over a big rider on their lawn? What if a person would rather stand than sit all day due to back problems or whatever? What if a person has employees and he feels like they will do less damage with a walkbehind than with a ZTR? Yes - the price of a hydro walkbehind is somewhat close to the price of a ZTR, but have you ever considered that sometimes a person NEEDS a hydro walkbehind and not a rider?

8. sildoc

Georgia Grass man Has it correct. I wish here on the west coast that I had unlimited acres with no fences and gates. But most lawns I have have a 42" gate and only in the 4000-6000 sqft range. I would be lucky to get a lazer back there only if I had a crane.
    Plus I could not imagine the look on my customer face when I took a lazer on there 1500 sqft frount lawn and left a circle in the middle. I would admit that a 21" might even be as quick on these type of lawns. They take me 25 min right now with 21 including blowing edging and trimming and would like to cut that down to 16 min or less.
    Any ways a lazer is not always practicle.

9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

and yet you are willing to dump 4k on something that can save you only 9 min...(25-16) oh well, different areas and business. just a little chat, no pun intended. please get that 4k, 36"hydro WB and enjoy, simply ignore everything been said.

best regards,

10. Jroctx

Jroctx LawnSite Member
    from Austin

That's a 36% decrease in time. In an 8 hour day, that is nearly 3 hrs. However, in reality, saving 9 minutes on just 10 yards a day is 1.5 hrs. Seems like enough justification, providing Sildoc is planning to increase his client base, or if he just want to get home to his love ones sooner.

Dollars does not always makes sense, but making sense of your dollars do.

Jay