Exmark TTHP people

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 19, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Anyone have a Exmark TTHP. We are picking up ours next week from the dealer. We bought TTHP with a 52" floating deck and a 17hp vtwin Kawi. Now my question is, does it clog up a lot in taller or wet grass? And also does it leave a nice stripe or do I need to purchase a stripping kit? Any feed back appreciated thanks. :waving:
  2. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same mower. It does an above average job striping. I dont think you need to by a kit. It will shoot clumps in wet grass but doesnt really bog down. I am a big fan of this mower overall.
  3. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

goiod luck w/ mower I am getting one too. coming in mon. I ordered the 19 hp, dont know that there is much diff. between the two motors 17 & 19hp but i myself hate mowing in wet grass.
  4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

John: problem is with Exmark's Lit. Look at Kawpower.com about 100cc

difference. Congrats on New mower. Ed
  5. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

How much are you guys getting your TTHP 52's for if you don't mind me asking? My dealer has one with the electric start for 4999$

PROScapes Lawn Care
  6. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks like a good price. The TTHP is an overall good mower. I find the hydros a bit too sensitive though. The ECS controls are supposed to be comfortable but your hand muscles will still get just as sore as with pistol grips.
  7. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48 tthp and i love it, but i dont have anything to compare it to because it is my first commercial mower. Anyways i have a 15 kohler and it dosn't really bog down in grass but it does have some issues with heavy or wet leaves. I would def recomend it though.
  8. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Thanx Ed. John
  9. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

I've had a TThp 48inch 17hp kawasaski for the last two seasons,great mower. Never had a problem. The elec start is great, since most of the time in the morning it is still in the mid 30's before 10am. Doesn't strip great out here in the cold climate grass we have. Everyone wants there grass cut really short though, this might be the problem with not laying down nice contrasting strips. enjoy the new mowers, you won't be dissipointed. mark